Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weaning IV

Today's the 6th day of weaning and during this period, I'd try occasionally, asking Rachel if she'd like to latch but most of the time, she'd remember the taste of bittergourd and declined.  However, she still yearns to latch during those moments when she woke up in the middle of the night and, when she 1st woke up in the morning.  She would kick her legs in frustrations and during the last 2 days, she even told me "ma ma, go" when she realised that she couldn't latch, :(.

Yesterday, she woke up rooting for the breasts(even lifting up my top at the nursing opening, yeah she knows where, haha and yes, I'm still wearing them-homewear & outing's[can't wait to wear 'normal clothes' soon], for ease of expression to relieve engorgement) and surprisingly, she almost, just almost, took to latching again!  Thinking that she should be almost weaned-off by now, I pretended to let her to latch and she must still be feeling abit goggy from the sleep, 'cos she opened her mouth to! Luckily, I was awake and so, managed to pull back on-time and gently reminded her "bitter bitter, you want?", immediately she declined, heeeee.  Then she got abit frustrated and since it's already almost 9am, I decided to wake up with her and teased her out of her aggitation, :).

Another thing,  I woke up this morning with rashes and abit of hives on some areas and initially, I thought that I've got bed bugs but the symptoms/signs that followed later didn't seem so and the doctor told me that they aren't and are more likely to be some allergy reaction.  Felt abit better after the medicine, but still went out to get a new comforter set, heeee(waste $ again...).  A mummy friend just told me that this could also be due to my hormonal reaction since I'm weaning bf now...  I hope it is too...
 
Til now, I would still feel abit sad about having to wean her off and many told me that this is a very normal hormonal reaction but I feel I'm hving it alot worser this time round.  Then again, I had been alot more emotional during my pregnancy with Rae as well(even during confinement period), so I guess this is really normal in a way for me, :*(.  I only hope that she'd lose her urge to latch totally real soon and that she'd take to drinking milk again some time soon...

1 comment:

Karmeleon said...

I'm still breastfeeding my 4yo (will be 5 in a few months)